What I learn in running a book blog.

 


When  I started LauraJLBooks as a middle age women that enjoys to read a good book or a novel  from time to time,  It has been one year now, An my life is different in so many ways.

In one year I have the encouragement of my younger son,  has gotten me to read more book , an still encourage me to read more  and more, series of book from a variety of author's along with there genre. 

With all life changes, I had to put reading on hold for sometime. Then all of a sudden my son, gave me a mother card one year, and said mommy can you read with me. I love it, and it has renewed my passion for books an reading them.

Over the year, I have written 161 post, of amazing review books that I have read over the course of one year.  And gain the  traffic and the followers, I can admit a little baffled, that I would need new glasses at some point.  Because I was seeing double.

It bothered me  a little bit the reason was that I was talking about books to everyone that I met.  When I open another book I would cried.

I celebrate and I thought I would share what I have learned  over the course of one year. 

1.  Reading whatever you are wanting to read:

I know this is strange to start out with this statement, It is really obvious to read  whatever you are wanting to read.  And something that you like. Starting blogging you are in a community immersest into all, well believe it or not.  It is so easy  to  forget what you are wanting to read. 

It has happen to me more then once. It is incrisable to see everyone around me getting early copies of books from publishers they are wanting to read.   It is so easy to get involved in the hype,  so easy in wanting to read a book of some kind.  

I the end you are the one the is putting your money in pushing books,  waiting for the one from the library to give you a star, also waiting for an email from an author about reviewing a book they have written. the main reason that you are here is that you want to just read a book.

2. Static don't mean anything:

I have to be blunt here.  but you don't have any idea why? but I need them so much?  Starting a book blog as a hobby, I know that I love to read books,  an talking about books is something that I am passionate about books, and finding other book  bloggers as well. 

That is what I did. As we live in a capitlist world were number do matter.  Which seems  to matters to our minds. This is something that I fources on the tiny, but little bit,  Whether we like it or not. 

It doesn't mind how you view your stats in your mind.  It is Ok  With all the numbers and number is something that is hard to understand, even hard to control at some point.  Just atke care of your blog with all your heart and soul.   

True honestly is the best.

3. Interact at your own pace, and for your own comfort zone:

The first thing is to praise yourself,  blog hopping and meeting new people even chatting with them. I can tell you from experience it is wonderful to meet new people, being in a community that welcomes you with open arms.  

Also help you grow your blog in so many ways.  Sometime we have to take care of ourselves and knowing when it is the write time to step away from it.  be able to take some time for your self.  Best thing is knowing your limits. Believe in the right people will always interact within your blog when you are ready.

4.  Making your blog your own not someone elses:

This is so important key point, What make me a little anry when someone takes and ideas and pass it own as there own. You know what make a differences  is making your blog unique,  with idea, that stand out your book blog from others.  You can make a differences.

You voice is the key to making a difference.  Because you are the one that is writting your reviews and post, and create the idea, that are honest, go along with the niche that you have choosen for your blog. 

Making your blog your own does take time. Your not going to be successful over night.

5. Just what makes you happy:

Book blogging is a hobby right,  you are reading all the books, writing and post reviews, talking about the books you share.  And interacting every day and every single day when you are off.

I was making sure that I wasn't missing anything. Not being out for long. I spend one or two hours of book blogging, no one forcus me to do so,  I just like blogging. and learning more and more about book blogs, and blogging. 

Drafting post make me happy, interacting at my own pace make be happy after one year.  Which still make me proud for years to come. 

See all the piles of books that I want to read makes me happy.  Everything with blogging also make me happy too. 

Comments

  1. Anonymous1/17/2022

    We completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running so many different types of blogs must be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your reading blog. So nice! I will definitely check more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continue doing what makes you happy! Book reviews are awesome and I'm gonna go see more of it here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree as well, thanks for sharing this advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this post, looking forward to more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.