How to start a book blog



It is so exciting that you are wanting to start your very first book blog.  Not know what to do next, so overwhelming in figuring out everything that you need to do?  No worries, It is not that complicated as any of us think. 

Most Important thing to thinks about what platform are you going to using for your book blog.

Starting with the free platforms! You want to put a lot of money into setting up your book blog, three weeks later you not loving your platform that you have chosen to use.  Or you not a fan of blogging that you were hoping for. 

Obviously I use Blogger which is a free version, which I know that I can upgrade at any time, so if you are wanting to have more feature to use and chose  from. 

The most important point here is that you don't have to limited yourself to just one platform. But don't take more that you can handle early on.  

Their are different platforms are geared up with different feature of content. So you have decided  just to write book reviews only coordinate with facebook page this would make it simple for you with cross- posting your reviews on Facebook.

When I started my blog, I mainly focus on reading some good books, and writing some reviews on my favorite book. Then I slowly branched out to Facebook, Twitter, even Pinterest too.  this might have been a lot. but you don't need to be posting on 5 different websites.

My advice is  just work with two, and add more if you free time would like you to do so.  When it comes down to  actually writing a review?   Just let your personal thoughts shine, People style do vary, which is a good thing. 

It should be about your feeling.   how you love this book or why do you hate this book too.  Your reader are coming to you with one question Is this book worth reading.  Your review need to answer this question.

Personally I actual writing the review, with an annual summary of the book I just read, Along with my feeling of the book, and how I rated the story of book with a 5 star rating.  Do an experiment of what works for you.

It is so important to be social,  reach out to other bloggers, read other bloggers reviews, like , comment and follow too. Best way to respond to comments on your own reviews.  this is one of bigger part of growing their followings.

Book blogger are the most positive group  which I encountered. use your blog to find mind bookworms and make friends. 


Related Posts

Comments

  1. Starting a blog is so rewarding, you meet alot of new friends, you would be able to read other blogs, and comment too. one of the biggest part of growing your followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading Ive stared a motherhood blog last year and every now and then I post my book reviews. This is great information thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great tips! Reviewing a book can be tricky let alone having a full book review blog! I'm inspired of what you do. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.