Balancing Acts

Image
  The tranformative power of yoga along with friendship for four woman that were on the verge of realizing Thier dreams. With the brains along with the beauty of the high paying job wall street position.  It seems that charles had it all. As she turned thirty she has invested in her life or the lack of it. As she left it all around to pursue  yoga. So twoyears later she is drumming up business for her fledged flat in Brooklyn.  The plan was to attended her college alumni now with flier that was in tow.  As she reconnect with three of her former classmates. who were post graduates lives, like her own.  Whichc didn't turn out the way she wanted it too.  As she maet a Romance book editor that wanted to write a novel that was bottle up inside of her.  The up and coming photographer with up east side social darling. Now Noami a single mom who hasn't pick up a camera in a really long time. so Beth  has this dream to being a serious investigator journalist. As Christine was stuck in a

A man Called Ove

 



The first sight, Ove was the grumpiest man that you ever knew.  His viewpoint and his principles are curmudgeons with staunch. He had this strict routine and the shortest fuse.  People thought he was the most bitter man on the face of this earth.

On a fall day in November, his would-be upside down.  When a  boisterous family moved next door to him.  As they meet ove is the kind of man that points to people that he doesn't like.  Even the burglars caught outside of his bedroom window. 

He has his principles yes he does. Many people thought he was the worst neighbor in history. Ove is bitter he doesn't walk around with a smile on his face every second of his day.

Besides all the crankiness, in the story, there is a lot of sadness.  So on the morning in November when a young family with their 4 daughters moved next to ove chatty among themselves when they accidentally flatten his mailbox.

As they were leading into a comical and the heart-warming cattails, along with the unexpected  Friendships, with the unexpected break up of u haul.   Which would change an old man and the local resident's association to their new foundation.

A word of mouth bestseller that has caused a sensation across Europe.  An angry old man next door is an uplifting exploration of the unreliability of first impressions and a gentle reminder that life is sweeter when it is shared with other people

Ove and his wife lived in this quiet little town and they work and drove in their Saab they didn't have any debt and their love was strong.  Until the day his wife left this world.  Ove was lost without his wife.  As he takes his money, and place it in the pocket, all of his bills were paid.    All that he was wanting was to be with his wife. 

Ove was not used to change when his laugh neighbors move in next door. His first impression was the sweetest when you share it with someone.  I laugh and cried reading this lovely story.  

5 stars


Comments

  1. I read this and it was pretty good! I need to see the movie with Tom Hanks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is on my list! I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember my daughter looking into reading about this book. She loves reading and trying out new genres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a good book. I would actually really love to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie that was based on this book. Now I need to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation! Will look for a copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post beautifully captured the essence of the story and highlighted the remarkable character development.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richelle Milar7/06/2023

    This looks like a really great and interesting book that I need to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose Ann Sales7/06/2023

    Im surely gonna add this on my list! I’d love to read this

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thoroughly enjoyed your review of "A Man Called Ove." Your description of the protagonist's transformation from a grumpy man to someone who finds unexpected friendships and meaning in life touched my heart. Your personal connection to the story shines through, making it a compelling recommendation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the movie advertised a lot lately, and of course at the start of most successful films there's a book it came from and I think I need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these types of books! This is such an interesting book that make me reflect....

    ReplyDelete
  13. How the character to find friendships along with the meaning of life is something that I can relate too. Being able to connect with the story keeps me smiling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is one on my must-read-soon list and hope i get to it in the next few weeks at least

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a great book to read. I’ll have to add it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My list of books is getting so long to read. I don't mind though. I like reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a great read. I will have to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone worth knowing

Killer Pretty Little Liars #6

What Is The Benefit Of Goals How Do We Be Successful With Them?

The Good Stuff

The Plus one