The Book of Speculation



Simon was a young librarian, Living alone is a house the was crumbling done toward the long island sounds. His parents were long dead. His mother was a circus mermaid, who as made her live by holding her breath, drowning in the water that overlooks his house.

Has his younger sister ran off about six years ago and now reading tarot card for a living at the carnival.  So on one day of June, An old book arrive on Simon doorstep. It was sent by antiquarian bookseller purchased it on a speculation.

It was fragile and had a lot of water damage.  The book is long from the owner of the traveling carnival of 1700"s, Who had reported some strange things were happening even the drowning death of the circus mermaid.

 Generations of mermaids in the Simons Family drowning  always on July 24th. Which is a week away. As the friend of Alice looking on the alarm, Simon becomes more worried about his sister. Could there be a curse of the Simon Family?

What does it have to do with the book, can he get to the heart of the mystery in time to save  Enola?  the author has a moving debut novel about the power of books, family, magic.

3 stars


Related Posts

Comments

  1. This sounds like an enticing book! It's especially curious to hear about circus mermaids and what their drownings. Thanks for sharing, I'll look into this Book of Speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/13/2024

    I am such a reader and use to work in a library. Now this another book to add to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This novel sounds like it has all the elements of a gripping supernatural thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a captivating read, especially with its blend of mystery, family history, and a touch of magic. Your review has definitely piqued my interest, and I'll be adding it to my reading list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good book with a story full of mystery and intriguing. I love the storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a novel in ages! This sounds like something I'd like to read. I love mystery stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a captivating story that is filled with mystery of the drowning of the mermaids, along with reading the terra cards. a great book to add to anyone reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious to hear what happens in this story! Sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Book of Speculation sounds like a great read! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard great things about "The Book of Speculation" and I'm really looking forward to diving into its mysterious and captivating story line. The way it weaves together family secrets and mystical elements has me intrigued and eager to start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a great read, I cannot wait to get the book and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a really good book. I can't wait to read what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope he gets to her in time. I hope they reunite and stay in each other's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wont say it was too appealing, I get it why you gave it 3 stars, will recommend it to friends though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.