Balancing Acts

Image
  The tranformative power of yoga along with friendship for four woman that were on the verge of realizing Thier dreams. With the brains along with the beauty of the high paying job wall street position.  It seems that charles had it all. As she turned thirty she has invested in her life or the lack of it. As she left it all around to pursue  yoga. So twoyears later she is drumming up business for her fledged flat in Brooklyn.  The plan was to attended her college alumni now with flier that was in tow.  As she reconnect with three of her former classmates. who were post graduates lives, like her own.  Whichc didn't turn out the way she wanted it too.  As she maet a Romance book editor that wanted to write a novel that was bottle up inside of her.  The up and coming photographer with up east side social darling. Now Noami a single mom who hasn't pick up a camera in a really long time. so Beth  has this dream to being a serious investigator journalist. As Christine was stuck in a

American Dirt.


Fiction


I started to read the American Dirt last week, I was thrown between the mixed review that I received about the book.    I wanted to see what the conflict was all about, understand why opera decided not to feature it in her book club.


As I started to read it.  I wasn't quite there on which side my review was going to be.  As I continued to read more of the story my feeling didn't change a bit.   It has a little bit of a similar recent incident of a black man telling us that He couldn't breathe and watching him die,  As a mother that has brought in and showing her son about the drug tracking that was going into her city.


With a loving husband that was a journalist, Seeing all of this.  It was confusing to me.   Knowing this was a dream of her to selling all kinds of books in her book store, and be able to live the finer things in life.   But it was a fairytale of comfort,  Knowing that she was going to be selling more books, that she needed to stock up. of some of her favorite books.  


The more I read, I found that the author using a lot of profanity throughout the book.  And it seems like the cartel was taking over the city.   As he came to the store to browse the books, to find his favorite ones that he came to the register, he wanted to purchase them.


Her Husband tells of the profiling in the profits. Was in the publication of their lives wouldn't be the same. They found themself fleeing far away on the otherwise of their comfort zone. 


The jury is still out on this book.    But I do understand why opera didn't feature it in her book club.  There is so much controversy with this book.  I would let it up to you if you want to read it or not.  I know that I will not be recommending this book to anyone. 


1 star,  It was one of the worst books I ever read. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone worth knowing

Killer Pretty Little Liars #6

What Is The Benefit Of Goals How Do We Be Successful With Them?

The Good Stuff

The Plus one