We are all Welcome Here


 

The author has a rare talent for revealing her character's hearts and minds in the manner  that makes us empathize complete with the story that was written.  It feature three women, each of them are struggling with the overwhelmnessof her own freedom.

In the summer of 1964.  A small Missippi town, where Elvis was born, tension was mounting of the Civil war demonstration that was occurring more frequently and more violently across the state. Paige small house was a major concern.

Challenges of the effects of the polios, that she contracted during her last month of her pregnecy. Paige is determented to have a normal life as possible as she is raising her daughter Diane, as she see fit. With the support of her tuff looking black care taker.

Diane  is trying her hand in fashion to live a normal life. As a fourteen year old girl wanting to make money for clothes in a magazine to lare off the authoriy of her mother. and pearce, to help her figuare  out boys, and to escape the oppressiveness she sees everywhere in a small town.

She could never escape, however this is her life is marked differently from others. Nor she could not escape from her responsibilities in  caring  for her mother.  Paige is attractive, charming so intellengent and lively too.  

And her needs are endless but so great too.   As the summer unfolds, with the hate and advertisy with the vist at the modern home.   With the difficulties of trust upon them.  On each of the woman and how they found their own path of independences., understanding, and the peace that they deserve. 

Even Diana mother, so compromised, will end up in giving her daughter  an extraordinary gift. A few parents couldn't match.


4 stars

Comments

  1. This sounds like an amazing story, that I have to check out. I must read this on vacation at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your book review on "We Are All Welcome Here"! Your insights into the characters and storyline were spot-on, making me eager to dive into the book myself. Your engaging writing style truly captures the essence of the story. Looking forward to more reviews from you! 📚👏👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed this author. I will have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a book that I would enjoy. I do love the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really interesting read. I'm loving all these great books you have suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story from what you've described so far has already peaked my interest. It sound quite deep from the three women facing their challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth Berg is one of my favorite authors! This book is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book to read and I am always looking for a new good book to add to my kindle so thank you for sharing this one with me! I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an inspiring read.. I have read this author before and enjoyed her books so will look for this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica8/18/2023

    I love books with strong character development. This one sounds good with 3 female leads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a really compelling story, it would be an interesting read I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Richelle Milar8/19/2023

    This sounds like a really great and very interesting read. I’m surely going to check this out

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have made a very compelling case for this book! It sounds layered and intriguing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like books that have a historical element to them. This sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zab Zaria8/21/2023

    I think this would be a good book to read. It's definitely something I'll keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a book that I would enjoy. I’ll have to add it to my must read list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Home Alabama

Elke's Magic

Woman of God