A Lady of High Regard



 Having the influencer of  Mia Stanley is a  winsome socialite with an Matchmaker.  She was an writer for Godey's  lady's book Magazine must of dismay  of her family and social friends.

It was said that a proper lady of her social standard isn't meant for labor in such way. Mia always had a way with words.

When her writing would drawn you into world downtrodden seamen's wives of Philadelphia's dock. 

Mia has undercover a scheme that would put her in arm's way. She has put her heart on the line as well.

Has the determination to always make her match driven one man at a time.  Her esteem was converted.

The author does a wonderful job presenting some of the problem during the time period, that it was based on.  It is so easy to read and you might say it is clean read.

Like corsets are mention a couple of times, The kissing schemes is on the check and it was a simple one.  Nothing had happen when a woman's jacket is pulled open, nothing has happen.

Several of  the men were  drinking to the port of bein intoxicated. Alcoholism was a big part. 

As I was reading the storyline, I felt that the character did not use any curse words of any kind. 

This is one of the best books that I have read, I love the storyline with the character with different storyline.   This  is  favorite book with the series. 

3 stars


Comments

  1. Sounds like a great book! Now that summer is almost here, I'll need a few. Saving this for my to-read list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect travel book. I need to get this for my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I may need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richelle Milar6/11/2022

    This looks like a really great and amazing book! I love to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose Ann Sales6/11/2022

    This sounds like a really great read! I am surely going to check out this awesome book! Thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this would be a great book for my daughter who loves these types of novels. Plus, she's always looking for books to read while she is traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also think it's a great book. I hope to get a copy of this if this is available in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks like an amazing book to read. Such a great find! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an amazing book for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a wonderful read and I may have to check this one out for myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be a great book for my upcoming vacation. It is nice to have some entertaining reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading during summer and this sounds so perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a nice book to read, the story is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Home Alabama

Elke's Magic

Woman of God