Balancing Acts

Image
  The tranformative power of yoga along with friendship for four woman that were on the verge of realizing Thier dreams. With the brains along with the beauty of the high paying job wall street position.  It seems that charles had it all. As she turned thirty she has invested in her life or the lack of it. As she left it all around to pursue  yoga. So twoyears later she is drumming up business for her fledged flat in Brooklyn.  The plan was to attended her college alumni now with flier that was in tow.  As she reconnect with three of her former classmates. who were post graduates lives, like her own.  Whichc didn't turn out the way she wanted it too.  As she maet a Romance book editor that wanted to write a novel that was bottle up inside of her.  The up and coming photographer with up east side social darling. Now Noami a single mom who hasn't pick up a camera in a really long time. so Beth  has this dream to being a serious investigator journalist. As Christine was stuck in a

Firefly lane


It tells the story of Kate and truly, they have been best friend  since the eight grade.  As they are navigating life, love and friendship.  It began in the summer of 1974  it was a time of reflection in the life of a eight grade student Kate  who accepted a position on the lower lever  on the social ladder.


It was inevitable of her life.  It was much of an surprise that Truly moved in to her neighborhood  and wanting to be her friend.   The summer beginning spark of a relationship that sketched over three decades. When truly moved  to firefly lane with her mother cloud,  which was an addict and in their new home. 


She had to take care of her as she was attending High school parties. Truly was raped as she love to confided in to  Kate the nerdy lonely that lived a crossed the street.  you couldn't separated the girls, until cloud was assessed that truly had to live with her grand mother.


As the girls were apart they continued to write to each others faithfully.  Until her grandmother has died. Tully to Kate to asked the Malarkey's to asked them if Kate can live with them so that she could complete her senior years. 


As Truly and Kate go off to college.  Kate started to emerge from truly shadow.  Truly was focusing on her journalist, as she continued to take advanced classes and sending her resume all over. Kate had less interested in journalism and more into writing.  


I love the story of two young women that has developed a friendship that was stabilized in their lives I couldn't believe that it lasted for 30 years.  But the story had so many twist in turns in it. 


4 stars

Comments

  1. I watch the series and am enjoying it. I will have to read the books as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/23/2023

    This sounds like a really good book! I was needing a new read idea for my next bookstore tip! Thanks so much for sharing!

    -Whitney Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book selection and review. Always looking for a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story sounds captivating and something to read in my off time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for a good book to read. I would enjoy reading this because I love heartwarming stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book seems to be a good choice for reading. It's definitely something I'll remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firefly Lane sounds like an interesting read, I'll have to add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Kristin Hannah's previous books. I'll have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica3/24/2023

    I recently met Kristin Hannah at a book signing she did in Naperville, IL. She said this is the book she wrote that took her the most time to recover from emotionally. I can't wait to read it because of how important it is to her. I watched the first season of the show but would rather just read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books that talk about friendship. It's a must read book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds so interesting to read, I 'll have to add it to my book list for the monthly reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone worth knowing

Killer Pretty Little Liars #6

What Is The Benefit Of Goals How Do We Be Successful With Them?

The Good Stuff

The Plus one