How to organize a readathon to benefit your reading goal



 A Read a Thon is a great way to inspire and motivate you to help you achieve your reading goals.   So, what is Reading a Thon?    How does it work?  How does it get yourself closer to achieving a goal in reading? 

A Read a Thon:

It is a great way to motivate yourself to read more, inspires you to create good habits in reading.  

How does it work:

Determine which day you would like to start your Read a Thon, Choose a special place for Reading. Joining with your friends or family. Or if you

How does it help me get closer to your reading goals? 

It is a fun way for everyone to get together, and instill into yourself by creating good habits with reading.  It gives you a solid foundation for reading for the rest of your life. There are books everywhere, most of them you have read a long time ago, but you continue to collect or purchase more books.  

Keep telling yourself you are going to read them, sometimes life changes at some point, which doesn't give you a chance to sit down and read the selected book of choice. Read A Thon is a great way to read those books you didn't have the time to read. 

To help you reduce the clutter on your bookshelf with books that are just sitting there collecting dust.   Sitting down and creating a start day, along with figuring out goals for reading.   Decide which day you want to begin your Read a Thon.  

Check out my blog LauraJLBooks for more ideas and tips on books you might want to add to your Read a Thon.

If this is something that you want to add to make a difference in your student's reading goals?  To promote more reading for your student in their personal growth, and more us on the outside.  Having a fundraiser like Read a Thon to help raise money for the school without interrupting the process of learning among the students.  It helps all of us to read more.   

Give them a solid foundation to further their education in the long run.


Comments

  1. I love reading! I make sure to do it daily. Instead of going on social media, I pick up a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid, I loved reading. Now it is hard to find the time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of joining in a book club to start reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richelle Milar5/03/2022

    Although it is hard for me to have extra time to read, I always make sure that I will read even just once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read more. Thanks for the tip. I think Read a Thon is such a great idea. -LYNNDEE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I hardly get time to read. I just need to make it a priority. Even ten minutes a day would be good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading more and more, these tips are amazing to share. It is one of my best ideas is to have a read a thon from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually made it a goal to read one book a month this year, I managed to read 2 in April! Now I have to try not to skip May because of that feat lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be an avid reader. Now I watch too much TV, this is a great idea to help me get back into reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This could be a great way to improve myself. I love reading so much but I don't have time to do it and it's such a pity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. I am a HUGE reader and I think I will set something like this up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been trying to read more lately. It is nice to set a goal to get reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never been a part of a read a thin but would love to. If I find a good book I cannot put it down and will read it in under a day! This sounds like so much fun ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

The Affair

The Thief

The Cobra's Song