satin doll


 Bang! shots in the middle of the night and left for dead what it looked like in her eyes. Until the fateful journey of Regina Harris lives.

As La Vida Loco, with pimps and hustler as a gangster Lifestyle that has supplied her with money for her to get high to forget the poverty of  Harlem.  You might say she has turned her life around at some point.

She is a college graduate and a freelance writer an journalist as well making enough money to life in the upper west side of hobnob with the mover and shakers.  As she became the satin doll of the Duke of Ellington song. most important she couldn't forget where she has come from.

Her three best friend were from the old neighborhood. The Harlem homegirls came about.  When Regina try to give emotional support to each of the girls as the are going through personal issues. Yvonne was a single mother that was trying to find the right man.

Tamika is raising two children while her husband was in jail for robbery. Pudina  lives her life picking up men and smoking weed. 

Living in the two worlds, comfortable in neither.  On their night out, partying with the homegirls in Harlem. As Regina meet lawyer Charles, the son of an uptown classic family of Philadelphia.  Her loves her but not the rough around on the edge of friends. She love him also, but not living up to the expectation of the family.

Regina tries so hard to hide from her former life, so when her past was reviled, will destroy there relationship with Charles and the life that they created with each other. 

From the drama of the fateful of the beginning to the end  is witty and a truthful take on relationships, friendship, and the classic distention.

As I was reading this new author for me. I really could relate to the story and the character is so many ways.   I always dreamed of finding the right man for myself, instead of living my past in some way. 

5 stars.

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great read! I'll definitely have to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add this book to my list of books to read. It sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli A5/17/2022

    I love hearing about new books and this is from close to my area I may have to give this a read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love checking out new books and this one sounds like a great read. I am adding this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can say this was one of my favorite books that I ever read. It has the best storyline, with the intention of finding the right man for myself instead of dwelling on the past. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out since I just finished the book I was reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a modern and interesting story! It's a perfect reading for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an exciting book to read. I will have to check it out. -LYNNDEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an interesting and entertaining book. I'm sure we can all relate to wanting to show our best side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

The Affair

The Thief

The Cobra's Song