Homefront


 

Author has written a powerhouse of a novel, the explores the imtinate  landscape of a truble marriage. With the provocative with a timely portrait of  a husband and wife, in love and war.

Might say that all marriages have thier brakig points, and every family have there wounds, all  wars have a cost.   It is just like every couple Michael and Jolene  have to face the pressure of everyday life. such as children, bills, their career, and the everyday chores as well.

Might like this: Where she went

Even as their twelve year marriage is falling apart. Was the Deploment  sends Jolene in deep harm way and leaving  the defence Attorney Michael at home, Uncustomed to becme a single parent to their two girls

Might Like this: Oliver kitteridge

As a mother it Agonize jolene to leave her family. As A solior Jolene understand the true meaning of duty. In her letter to home she pants a pichure of her life on the front line, shielding her family from the real truth.

War will change jolene in a way that noone would ever forseen.  So when tragedy strikes, Michael must face the darkest fear and fight the battle on his own. For everything that matters to his family. the story takes  a look at a modern marriages and a dramatic exploration of the toll of war takes on a American family. Into a beautiful love story.

4 stars

Related Posts

Comments

  1. I read this! It was really good. It's been a while so I might have to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book. I might have to get it for my train ride next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a long time ago. I am a big fan of Kristen Hannah, she is a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The portrayal of Michael and Jolene dealing with the complexities of love and war seems both provocative and timely. It's true, all marriages have breaking points, and navigating through everyday pressures like kids, bills, and careers can be a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was captivated by 'Home Front' from the very first page. The author's exploration of the intimate details of a troubled marriage, set amidst the harsh realities of war, is both compelling and heart-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael and Jolene are clearly facing significant challenges in their relationship, compounded by the strain of Jolene being deployed and the impact of war on both of them. I'm curious to see how, or if, they work through their issues and come out stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was an amazing book, that I loved to read. The story was amazing and had a great message that came along with it. But I am still wondering if they were able to come out stronger as they work through there issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to read this one but now I want to. This sounds like a great book and I love to read so I am going to add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this yet but I want to. I'll get a copy as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great story! I am curious to know about the ending, so will definitely read this book.

    Everything Enchanting ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am yet to read this author and have so many of her books on my reading list already

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve been divorced twice and it is such a traumatic experience. I’ll have to read this book for myself. Your synopsis makes it sound like a great page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, war does have a way of changing people. The story does sound worth reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.