The Beekeeper of Aleppo


Nuri  was a Beekeeper and Afra his wife is an artist. Nuri rises early to hear the call to prayer  before driving to his bee hives in the countryside. On the weekend Afra sells her beautiful colored landscaping painting all in the open air market.

They lived a simple life, an rick in Family and Friends. In the Hills of beautiful Syria city of Aleppo. Couldn't believe what has happen. When in love was destory by the war. Nuri knows they had no choice they had to leave their homes. 

By escaping was no easy task. Afra lost her sight, so Nuri had to navigate her greif as well. As the prelious journey through Greece, and Turkey, towards there uncertain future in Britian.

Moving, Intimate, and beautifully written, this is a story for  our time.  It reminds us the our lives can be upended instantly and brings a journey in faraway lands close to home, never to me forgotten.

It has the capacity to have us open our eyes and see. The novel speaks so much about what is happening in the world today.  It is recommending this book for everyone that I care About. 

I love it.  I could see so much in the story about the everyday life , The love that the characters had for eachother was so amazing,  And how he had to navigate for his wife needs, and how  the simple life is the best things for many of us. 

4 stars


Related Posts

Comments

  1. This sounds that a really good book to read, put it on my reading list for furture reads. thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a sweet book to read. I am sure I'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beekeeper of Aleppo sounds like a pretty amazing read, I would love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read. I need to get back in to reading more. I'll have to keep this book in mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy L10/05/2022

    The book sounds so sad because it is happening in the real world today to real people. I wish everyone could have peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a book that I would enjoy. It has a nice theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica Simpson10/06/2022

    This sounds like one of those books that sticks with you long after you finish it. I'm adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie Gizelle10/06/2022

    It's based on a true experience right? It's sad but of course has lot of life lessons too! Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Richelle Milar10/06/2022

    Wow! This looks like a really great and interesting book to read! Can’t wait to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always looking for new books! Adding this to my Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The life of a humble bee keeper seems like it would be a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting read. I will certainly check it out soon. I love reading during the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely book with lots of beautiful messages. I'll have to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a pleasant reading that talk about nowadays life and I love it! Must read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah yes, the love of books and movies can hit home. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a good book to read. I'll have to check it out and add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments that are waiting for moderation. Big thank you for coming and visiting my website . I would like to asked one comment pre post please and thanks.